Criteria for Selection of Manuscripts
Manuscripts should meet the following criteria:
- The study conducted is ethical and the material is original.
- The writing is clear.
- The study methods are appropriate.
- The data are valid.
- The conclusions are reasonable and supported by the data.
- The information is important.
- The topic is interesting for our readership.
We are aware that many submissions will describe websites and other internet-based services. The Editorial Board strongly recommends that authors of such submissions make every effort to evaluate and, if possible, quantify the impact of these services. Submissions containing evaluations are more likely to be accepted than those containing basic descriptions of services alone, unless the service includes significant innovation. More descriptive papers, ideally with an evaluation plan, can be submitted to JMIR Research Protocols. Formative research such as feasibility/pilot studies of digital and non-digital interventions should be submitted to JMIR Formative Research (see our Publication Strategy article).